Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy hol-i-daze???

Well this has been an interesting holiday season. We have spent it in and out of the doctor's office and hospital with Logan. He had one thing after another- croup, throwing up, headache, soar throat, eye infection. Just one thing after another and this whole time he was running a temperature usually of 103 every day. This temp lasted for 12 days. With all of these symptoms and especially the long and high fever they ran test after test on this poor kid and couldn't come up with a prognosis. They started looking at scary things like Kawasaki's disease (attacks the heart and can cause a heart attack in a child), and leukemia. Ahhgg!!! The past 3 days he hasn't had a fever and he has been acting pretty normal so we think we are in the clear and they said it was probably just a long stream of virus'. Wow!!!


So, we have been quarantined in our house for over 2 weeks now and just at the perfect time- during the holidays. And to top it all off Shelby got sick on Christmas eve with a stuffy nose, nasty cough, and sore throat! My poor children weren't able to be with any family the whole Christmas time, unless there were not children around. We still had a great holiday at our house. Santa came and brought dinosaur mountain and cars and Logan couldn't have been any happier. As he came down the stairs on Christmas morning he said, " are those for me."



New years was the same quarantine situation so we had pizza and a movie and did our own little celebration. Shelby LOVED the celebration poppers and laughed every time there was a loud bang.



Overall, it was an interesting holiday! Even though it was kind of crazy I am just so grateful to have my children healthy again. I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

11 comments:

Jess said...

Oh Britt, oh Britt ..... still am as sorry as ever for you guys! Glad things are going better and hopefully we can start getting together instead of you getting my usual call or text every day to check in!!

rachel june* said...

Our Christmas was just like that last year! The kids were SO sick and felt so crummy they hardly enjoyed it. Awful! Glad the bugs are crawling back out and you guys are feeling better.

Katie Corbridge said...

Sickness has been goin' around like crazy! So sad! But it looks like Christmas presents made up for it:)!

Mackay Family said...

Poor kiddos! Glad that they are both finally feeling better! What a crummy way to have to spend the holidays.

Kayson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christina (Cha) said...

Oh my gosh, that is awful, I am sorry you have had so much going on. Through it all, your kids are still darling as ever at least. It was so fun to see you. I miss your guts. Hope things are better. Love you.

Todd and Jenn said...

So happy they are feeling better!!

Vernos said...

Oh my, that is so scary, They thought Ava might have had Kawasaki's last year, and it it terrifying! I'm so glad you all are feeling better, love u!

Kristen said...

Gee, what a bunch of stuff to go through all at one time! When it rains...it pours right?

I am so glad everything is okay. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you ever!

Romney Family said...

Like you said, thank goodness for blogs! I look at yours all the time to see what is going on with you guys. We still are in the middle of nowhere in Vernal so it is nice to have the world of blogs! I am only so good at keeping up my blog because I turn them into books for journal/scrapbook purposes. I am sorry your christmas was filled with sickness, welcome to good old winter time! Glad to see you guys are doing better!

Taylor Family said...

I'm glad everyone's feeling better! It's stressful having sick kiddies. I wish we could have seen you guys over the holidays. Hopefull we'll be able to next time we're in UT.

Logan & Papa

Logan & Papa
We took this picture at my sister Steph's wedding. You can't get cuter than this!

Logan"s first earache

Logan"s first earache
Our little buddy has his first earache. He was so miserable yesterday and crashed on daddy after a day at the doctor.

Bryan Project

Bryan Project
Bry's first spec home! What a talented husband I have.

Nordhoff Men

Nordhoff Men
The Nordhoff boy's fishing in Boston!

Roasting Peeps!

Roasting Peeps!
New best treat ever! If you have never tried this you need to try this!