Saturday, February 20, 2010

sleep talking...

Bry had to go on a scout camp this weekend. I am so proud of my hubby for fulfilling his calling like he does, but I HATE when he is not home at night. I don't sleep. Every sound starts my heart racing and so I stay up doing things like laundry and watching TV. After Logan had fallen asleep I was folding a load of laundry and Shelby was still awake with me. She kept seeing Logan and crawling into his room. I finally gave up on carrying her out and just let her go. She crawled in and talked to him while he was sleeping for like 10 minutes. It was the sweetest thing. Every night when I pray it overwhelms me how grateful I am to be a mom to these amazing kids.





Shelby is all over the place now! I am loving this stage. She is constantly finding little things on the floor to eat which is making me keep my house cleaner. She loves crawling under this stool and hanging out. She is in her happy place when she is standing. And the smiles just keep coming.

Logan is into finding solutions to problems. Example: Today he couldn't reach his fire truck and he said, "I know, I will get the stool and get it." Every solution is proceeded by "I know." So cute. He also likes to do things "all by myself." We are completely potty trained (YEAH!) and he loves to go potty by himself, wash his own hands etc.

Love these kids!

8 comments:

AHT said...

That is so adorable! Oh what great kids you really do have. That picture of the shelbs is so so cute in the kitchen. Wow model baby! And logan is growing so fast. He is getting smarter and smarter everyday...way to go Britt! Love you sis!

Rachel said...

Britt you are such a great mom and these kids are lucky to have you as theirs!!! I can't get any sleep when Lawrence is gone either, I just think of every scary thing possible and keep myself awake. I love the pictures of Shelby and sleepy Logan. Cute story

the Eggett's said...

Yes, your kids are adorable, and you are such an adorable mommy to them!

Jess said...

Oh SOOOOO cute about Shelby crawling in!! Oh I love that!!!! And I totally know how you feel when you are home alone at night .... hate it and can NEVER sleep. So when they go to Alaska, want to move in together?? :)

Whitney said...

How fun that your kids are such good friends. Shelby has beautiful eyes! I know, I hate when Wade is gone as well. I am paranoid about everything!

Kristen said...

You really are lucky to have your kids! They are so dang cute! What a precious moment for little Shelby to share with Logan, even though he had no idea what was going on!

P.S. Good Job on the potty training Logan!

visio2010sale said...

Visio 2010 includes an associated template as well as a variety of shapes, used to design can be imported into SharePoint Designer workflow.You can also use the workflow created in SharePoint Designer, open them in Visio, Visio 2010 download will be generated for the workflow you can view and modify charts.

smith rose said...

Acrobat 9 Pro helps business and creative professionals communicate and collaborate more effectively and securely with virtually anyone, anywhere. Unify a wide range of content in a single organized PDF Portfolio. Collaborate through electronic document reviews. Create and manage dynamic forms. And help protect sensitive information.
Create and monitor SharePoint workflows more easily than ever with a new advanced template that contains SharePoint workflow rules and logic, and the ability to export and import workflows between Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010 and Acrobat 9 Download.
Microsoft Project 2010 Download is compatible with previous versions of Microsoft Project.

Logan & Papa

Logan & Papa
We took this picture at my sister Steph's wedding. You can't get cuter than this!

Logan"s first earache

Logan"s first earache
Our little buddy has his first earache. He was so miserable yesterday and crashed on daddy after a day at the doctor.

Bryan Project

Bryan Project
Bry's first spec home! What a talented husband I have.

Nordhoff Men

Nordhoff Men
The Nordhoff boy's fishing in Boston!

Roasting Peeps!

Roasting Peeps!
New best treat ever! If you have never tried this you need to try this!