Sunday, June 7, 2009

Count your blessings...

Where do I even begin to explain what an amazing day it was today. I seriously feel so blessed right now. First of all I have the most beautiful daughter a mother could ask for. I have been awaiting the birth of a daughter for over 3 years now and my time is finally here. It is incredible to see how the Lord really knows what is best for you. I appreciate having her here more than words can explain. In Sacrament meeting the opening song was "I Believe in Christ and I didn't even get through the first few notes before I started balling because I am so grateful to have her. She started smiling a couple days ago and that sweet little smile really just makes my heart sore.

Here are more of my blessings I am grateful for:

- An amazing husband who honors his priesthood and loves his family more than anything. It is so adorable to see a big macho man like my hubby melt for "the sweetness" and "Logi"

- An adorable and vivacious little boy who loves to be with his mommy and give me hugs during the day. When we are out and about he never forgets to make sure mom is around and during the day he often comes to me and says "i wanna hugs you." Wow! Count your blessings.

-My fabulous family!!! My mom and sister, Steph, came over the day before the blessing to cook, clean and decorate with me. We Andrus women don't know how to throw a small party and they helped me make this day everything I wanted it to be. Bryan and I are both so lucky to be so close to our families.

- FRIENDS!!! Here is your shout out. I really got a lesson this week in what it means to be a true friend. The first person I need to say something to is Michelle...seriously? Enough said there! Jen and Kat- sorry for trying to burn your houses down and Jen I am sorry if I gave you a kidney stone. Jess, Syd, Kristen, Kristie... aren't we the luckiest girls in the world to know we always have the support of amazing women that we can call our best friends.

I realize this is the longest blog ever but I am just oh so grateful today and couldn't hold it all in. My amazing brother and sister-in-law let me use their camera for this day and I took 130 pictures so prepare for some awesome pictures. Thanks Steph for taking pictures again... you seriously are amazing.

My beautiful baby girl!






Nana and papa


Grandma and Grandpa



Nana and her aunts


The big brother



Grandma Marsden- love this one she it smiling at her


DADDY and Shelby


Our Family


The men that stood in the circle( minus Aaron-taking care of Nixon)



The food and decorations


15 comments:

the Eggett's said...

Beautiful baby, beautiful family, beautiful blessing, beautiful decor. . . So happy for you!

anya said...

Congrats Britt! Looks like an amazing day!

joanna said...

i'm so glad that you finally have your baby girl. looks like it was a beautiful day! logan with his little sister is just adorable. love this post and i love you!

Jess said...

Britt it really was an amazing day! You did such a great job with everything ..... the decor and food turned out awesome! I LOVE those pictures .... holy cow she is beautiful!!

Mackay Family said...

It truly was an amazing day! Everything was so beautiful...the decorations, food, family were all wonderful! Love all the pictures that you got. Shelby is so beautiful!

The Buckley's said...

I am so happy for you! We blessed our little girl this week and I had the best day ever too. Shelby is ADORABLE and I just can't express how happy I am for you and your family! You deserve this more than anyone!

Todd and Jenn said...

I'm so sad that we missed it, but everything looks amazing, of course! Thank you so much for sending food over. It was delicious, and I'm going to need to get some recipes. What a special day for your family, Shelby is so beautiful and we couldn't be happier that she is here.

MaryAnne and Thayne said...

Brittany, Shelby is beautiful!! I'm so happy for you and your family. What a beautiful blessing dress she had on, What a perfect day.

Katherine said...

it all turned out so adorable! Bry did a really good job too. and no worries about the ovens, it cleaned up in no time at all!

Whitney said...

She is beautiful! It looks like it was a wonderful day.

Lisa and Oliver said...

They way your family decorates, I know it was darling! Congrats Britt! She is a beautiful baby.. beautiful family!

Todd Sansom said...

sorry i missed the festivities. i love this little chickybooom.

Megan said...

Yay, I finally made it to your blog! I don't have a blog, but it's fun seeing yours. Cute pics of Shelby! Congratulations, my dear. You're a fantastic mom!

Christina (Cha) said...

She is so beautiful Britt!

Vernos said...

2 things: I see the canvas thingy's you were telling me about, can you say "ding, the lightbulb is finally on!" And 2, I keep forgetting to ask you for your fruit pizza recipe, because it is THE BEST! Thanks! Good luck with pictures next week!!

Logan & Papa

Logan & Papa
We took this picture at my sister Steph's wedding. You can't get cuter than this!

Logan"s first earache

Logan"s first earache
Our little buddy has his first earache. He was so miserable yesterday and crashed on daddy after a day at the doctor.

Bryan Project

Bryan Project
Bry's first spec home! What a talented husband I have.

Nordhoff Men

Nordhoff Men
The Nordhoff boy's fishing in Boston!

Roasting Peeps!

Roasting Peeps!
New best treat ever! If you have never tried this you need to try this!